- Core Technology
- Apixio API
Apixio Big Data Technology Stack
The Apixio technology stack is designed to support the present and future challenges of healthcare as it transitions to data-driven decision making. Borrowing proven technologies and ideas from e-commerce and online advertising, Apixio leverages high performance, highly scalable Hadoop-based infrastructure and combines it with a proprietary flexible knowledge graph built using machine learning algorithms and large volumes of data.
Apixio treats the data from a wide variety of sources to create a standardized, queryable data model that is available through an API to support an ecosystem of healthcare applications.
<click image to view>
1. Quickly processes really large volumes of data
2. Handles a wide variety of healthcare data (structured, administrative, narrative, scanned documents)
3. Provides real-time access to population and patient data
4. Gives your organization full use of all of its data
5. Allows you to develop and deploy dependable clinical and business intelligence applications
Hadoop Big Data infrastructure: A high performance and highly scalable big data infrastructure built on top of Hadoop distributed computing technology.
MINE™ Technology: Apixio Medical Information Navigation Engine (MINE) is a patent pending technology that is at the core of Apixio’s Clinical Knowledge Exchange (CKX) platform.
CKX Rest API: High performance patient and population level queries to enable business intelligence (BI) tools and clinical applications.
Security and Privacy: All data is protected by multiple levels of security, including end-to-end HIPAA-compliant AES 256 encryption.
High scale ETL: High performance extraction, transformation and loading of data from EHR, PM, billing clearinghouse, CMS RAPS, HIE, PACS, data warehouse and folders of documents.
OCR of scanned documents: Text data extracted from scanned documents using optical character recognition (OCR) is a key source of information for quality measures, risk assessment and care coordination.
Flexible data model: Each patient’s healthcare history regardless of data type and source is represented faithfully.
Concept meta-tagging: Every healthcare application (quality measures, risk assessment, utilization management, etc.) uses clinical information in a unique way. Meta-tagging information to generate event streams is the most efficient and reliable way to identify, translate or infer application specific information.
Machine learning algorithms: Remove noise and improve usefulness of extracted data by making it context-sensitive.
For software application vendors providing EHR, HIE, PHR, PACS, home monitoring, or medical devices, and those who are developing novel health applications, Apixio API offers the unique ability to exchange data with our Clinical Knowledge Exchange platform or easily embed our search solution inside your application using our REST or SOAP APIs. Our embedded search solution provides all the functions supported by our search portal. It also integrates seamlessly with our mobile solutions so that your customers can get instant access to clinical information, anywhere.
Steps to implement Apixio API
- Apply to be an integrator and receive more information.
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding for temporary use of API.
- Receive the API specifications.
- Embed Search by Apixio™ in your software and test
- Execute licensing agreement
- Market, sell and deploy to your customers
- HTML 4.0.1 or later
Supported clinical document standards:
- CCD: HITSP C32 format (a constrained HL7 CDA / CCD)
- CCR: ASTM E2369-05 CCR (limited feature)
Supported sections and vocabularies:
- Problems (free text, ICD9 codes)
- Office Notes (full, adhoc text in CCD)
- Medications (free text, RxNorm codes)
- Allergies (free text)
- Labs (free text, CPT codes)
- Procedures (free text)
- Immunizations (free text)
Apply to be an integrator by <clicking here>, or contact a specialist using the button on the right side of your page.